Sunday, April 5, 2009

Follow up

Along the lines of previous post I thought I would clarify a little more. It seems that it's grounds for a lawsuit if you refuse service based on a person's sexual preference. Every state is different in recognizing it as a class I guess so my advice would be to learn what you can. How do you avoid doing something you feel is wrong? The advice given was to say you are booked for that day. I mean lord forbid we be honest and curteous to the person about it being something you don't think you could give it your best effort, you should lie to them!

There comes a point when something has to give and I think that time is near. I just wished more people would stand up and speak their mind as this seems to be the weakness. It's not that I don't think anyone of any religion isn't entitled to a service but how do you draw the line to forcing someone to go against their morals? Does that person because they are in business not have any rights as well? I mean should it be law that you post your beliefs somewhere in your shop so that you can decide whom you spend your money and time on? Flip side of the argument is, well what about race? Like back in the early to mid 1900's when blacks could not go to certain restaurants and had segregated seats and such. I mean I understand the dilema as to me that is pretty much nonsense based on a person's skin color which is why the civil rights movement happened in the first place. How did they try to skirt those laws? Well lie to them of course. "Sorry that seat is reserved" "sorry we're fresh out of that menu item, every menu item".

Granted to say, not something I wish to follow. I've lived a pretty sheltered life I guess in regard to dealing with diversity to the extent most are wanting to take it. I guess if you intend to operate a business you must choose to contend with the fact of being rude and deceitful or being a whore for money by doing anything and anyone with a dollar. Sorry but it's just the way I feel and being a personal blog and my "right to free speech" and all I thought I would lay it out there and see how others feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment