Being behind on bills, owing money to people is no fun. I am however grateful for my little dilemma in the fact that I think I have a planned course of action if and when I ever get back to a steady paycheck. Don't take for granted the little freedoms a steady income can provide and living frugal isn't the end of the world.
Had a chance to visit with my siblings and stepfather this past weekend. It turns out my sister, as suspected, is a mean drunk. Not the tear in my beer type but the proverbial can whip anyone kind. At 30 something you would think this type of attitude would be outgrown by now. Of course this is all my stepfather's fault since she "is just like him" according to her own summation. It's also funny how my own boys were present and although they're 19 and 21 they seemed to grasp the reality when the oldest commented that he's "always wondered what it would be like to party with his aunt but he don't think he could fight that much"! They always say kids say the darndest things if we just listen.
It's Monday and I stepped out earlier to pay my electric and go to the bank and while doing this the weather was such a relief even if it was a little drizzly. You could almost smell spring in the air with the mild 50 some degree weather. I truly believe I have that seasonal depression thing going on as I hate winters here so much. We seem to get middle road most winters with lots of cold and dreariness but little snow. It's just like it's so gray and blah looking for months and really unattractive.
I did make it to my VA appointment this past Friday. It was my first official appointment at a VA hospital since 94 and I have to say things have much improved since then. I went back then to check it out, help pay down my regular civilian health care deductible and register as gulf war vet and because of the conditions and outright treatment decided I'd be much better off to stick with a civilian doctor. It just gave you the feeling of being nothing more than a number to the point that you inconvenienced them showing up as they get their low pay regardless.
Since I hadn't been to a doctor in so long little did I realize how bad of shape I had let my body become. I'd put on close to 40 lbs since opening a photography business, my blood pressure was a steady 150 over 105 and I just felt like shit most days. Needless to say I was prescribed blood pressure medicine and now I really feel like I'm getting old although I know it's really a case of bad maintenance versus age. Another reason I want to get some steady income coming in so I can become a lot "busier" and knock off some of this weight along with hopefully meeting some new friends to do stuff with.
I have so many ideas as of late to add to the photography business side of life but no money to implement them. I'm thinking of adding a portion dedicated to graphic design with a focus on car graphics. Why pay thousands of dollars to get custom paint jobs when you can pay a few hundred and have a custom made vinyl look or logo for your ride?! This is one of my first goals once I do get back to a steady income. I want to get a new ride myself and showcase some designs. Hopefully you'll stay tuned for this and much more!
Had a chance to visit with my siblings and stepfather this past weekend. It turns out my sister, as suspected, is a mean drunk. Not the tear in my beer type but the proverbial can whip anyone kind. At 30 something you would think this type of attitude would be outgrown by now. Of course this is all my stepfather's fault since she "is just like him" according to her own summation. It's also funny how my own boys were present and although they're 19 and 21 they seemed to grasp the reality when the oldest commented that he's "always wondered what it would be like to party with his aunt but he don't think he could fight that much"! They always say kids say the darndest things if we just listen.
It's Monday and I stepped out earlier to pay my electric and go to the bank and while doing this the weather was such a relief even if it was a little drizzly. You could almost smell spring in the air with the mild 50 some degree weather. I truly believe I have that seasonal depression thing going on as I hate winters here so much. We seem to get middle road most winters with lots of cold and dreariness but little snow. It's just like it's so gray and blah looking for months and really unattractive.
I did make it to my VA appointment this past Friday. It was my first official appointment at a VA hospital since 94 and I have to say things have much improved since then. I went back then to check it out, help pay down my regular civilian health care deductible and register as gulf war vet and because of the conditions and outright treatment decided I'd be much better off to stick with a civilian doctor. It just gave you the feeling of being nothing more than a number to the point that you inconvenienced them showing up as they get their low pay regardless.
Since I hadn't been to a doctor in so long little did I realize how bad of shape I had let my body become. I'd put on close to 40 lbs since opening a photography business, my blood pressure was a steady 150 over 105 and I just felt like shit most days. Needless to say I was prescribed blood pressure medicine and now I really feel like I'm getting old although I know it's really a case of bad maintenance versus age. Another reason I want to get some steady income coming in so I can become a lot "busier" and knock off some of this weight along with hopefully meeting some new friends to do stuff with.
I have so many ideas as of late to add to the photography business side of life but no money to implement them. I'm thinking of adding a portion dedicated to graphic design with a focus on car graphics. Why pay thousands of dollars to get custom paint jobs when you can pay a few hundred and have a custom made vinyl look or logo for your ride?! This is one of my first goals once I do get back to a steady income. I want to get a new ride myself and showcase some designs. Hopefully you'll stay tuned for this and much more!
No comments:
Post a Comment