Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome

Don't ask why I felt the need to service another blog since over time it will become clear I'm sure. Let me start off by explaining that I'm not hear to appease the masses or become famous and I really don't care if I piss you off or not.

That being said here's a little background about myself. I'm just a regular guy with evidently too much time on my hands. I grew up in southern Ohio and yes the "southern" has it's importance in differentiating this part of the state from the rest. We're in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain chain, not far from West by God Virginia and Kintuckey (intentional). As such we have your stereotypical "hillbillies", wannabe rednecks, and even a few "regular" folk like me who currently reside here. I don't claim to be a genius, a writer, or even the smartest guy around but I guarantee that I can usually hang with the best of them when it comes to blurting out shit on the internet.

I grew up as a shy child but made a few friends along the way. Not that many but that's a reflection of my self. It takes a lot of time, effort and trust to be considered a true friend of mine so thus not worth the effort to many. I should explain that a little further though as I don't want to come across as stuck up or ill mannered. It's just that I'm not superficial and think someone a friend after BSing with them about a common interest or attending the same graduating class. I'm sure you know the type or perhaps you're the type yourself where they go bragging about so and so is a friend just because they happened to have bought them a beer one weekend a few weeks back.

I'm currently single, ok single for quite a few years now. I was married to a high school sweetheart at 19 before I grew up and actually knew what love/marriage should be. So after 12 years we annulled that union and with exception of the impact it may have had on my kids I've never had any regrets. She got pregnant at 16 and was briefly married to the sperm donor before their divorce. She had a son and at around 8 months of his age is when I was brought into the picture. Since that time we've had the typical father son relationship even though he's not mine biologically even after his mother and I called it quits. We also had a son together so in total I consider myself to have two sons. Both are now young men and working to start their own venture into this world we call adulthood.

I spent a 4 year tour of duty with the US Army. It was my ticket out of this area with it's white trash philosophy and nothing much (legally) for a young man to do. I chose infantry, airborne, ranger on my contract as I was really searching for recognition and adventure. I recieved an article 15 in airborne school and was soon shipped out for a tour in the ROK (South Korea) with the 2nd ID. It was there I was able to sow my wild oats and learn of this world outside southeast Ohio. I actually took my leave and traveled home to get married from here. Upon my return to the states I was stationed at Ft Campbell Ky with the 101st Airborne Division. It was during this time period we had our son together and I was shortly thereafter overseas again to oust Sadamm out of Kuwait during operation Desert Shield/Storm. After my return stateside, things just weren't the same. Not only with myself but the BS games were back in full swing with the army and I just wasn't having anything to do with it anymore so when my contract was up I got out.

After the military and a short stint trying to find employment around Clarksville Tennessee we found ourselves moving back home. Shortly thereafter I was working security at a local factory. I was later promoted through a couple of different positions and before I knew it I was 14 years in a place I had only thought I'd be at a couple of years while I went to school. A realization that I too had fallen into the trap of life. Working at a place I hated more with each day. But the money was good. I had just got my 5th week of vacation. And don't get me wrong it wasn't the majority of people that I hated to work with, in fact it was the people that made me work to do the best I could for them since I was in the position that dictated I was responsible for their comfort and safety. It was the fact of working at a food plant. It was the fact that each day it seemed as though we were reinventing the wheel because some new front office people thought it would be cool to add to their resume for their next job in a year. I mean who's lifelong dream is it to make frozen pizzas for a living?? Or even worse yet, to clean the mess up of making pizzas? I may just be a regular guy from some rural redneck town but I guarantee you not one person here or anywhere for that matter can honestly say that as a child they wanted to grow up and work at a factory producing fucking frozen pizzas so if anyone reads this from this area I hope it's them dumbasses.

Ok so now we're at the present. This blog was never meant to be identifiable but at same time it's not that I want to secretly hide behind some fake shroud. I left that factory and started my own photography studio. As such I've been working earnestly to be the upstanding, politically correct citizen so as not to offend any potential customer. Now that I'm here and now that I'm realizing how I've undervalued myself once again by not being myself, not being uniquly "me" I've decided to start working toward a self rediscovery. This blog is for my uncensored thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. It's not meant to generate business, it's not meant to appeal to the largest crowd possible, it's meant to be a place where I can just say what I want when I want. I mean after all if a person can not do it here, on the web, with all it's anonymity where more than likely it will end up as nothing more than a blip in time then where can we?! This is to help me take my visions and capture them through the lens of my camera even if it's not what so and so does. I want my work to speak for itself, to be mine and hopefully it will appeal to someone even if it's not enough people to support myself financially. I've slowly learned how ignorant most people seem to be when it comes to photographs. I've found a lot of people who are thrilled at pictures Walmart or Sears has done for them. There's a term thrown around the photography community called "mommy goggles" and I swear it exists and should be documented scientifically so we can know how to remove them.

Ok, so there you go, my first post with my life in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment